May 19, Speak Out About FERC & CT Expansion!
BEAT and 350Mass Berkshires have historically tabled together on pipeline issues during Pittsfield’s Third Thursday events. This month, along with No Fracked Gas in Mass, we’re turning it into a standout action for Beyond Extreme Energy’s Rubberstamp Rebellion! This is an awesome opportunity reach lots of people in one 3-hour session. (And possibly in subsequent Third Thursdays as well!)
Thursday, May 19
5:00 – 8:00 PM
3rd Thursdays are held rain or shine and there is plenty of free parking throughout downtown’s Upstreet Cultural District.
We’re asking people to:
- Bring yourself (This counts most of all!)
- Bring a sign (Hand-held, no sign posts allowed in Pittsfield)
- Bring your smart phone
- Bring your camera
We’ll be taking photos and/or video of people and tweeting them to @FERC and @BXEAction
You can also tweet to various agencies, as follows:
- @MassDEP – Deny the 401
- @MassDEP – No Tree Cutting ’til hell freezes over
- @MassGovernor – No Pipeline Tax
- @MassAGO – No Pipelines through Our State Forests & Parks – or please appeal to save our “permanently” protected lands
- @Kinder_Morgan – Drop the MA loop of the CT Expansion – or – photos of peoples’ “Kinder Morgan Face” #KMface
- @(your state legislator) Say “No” to pipelines on Article 97 land
Don’t forget to tag your tweets: #NoNewPermits #NoPipelines #NoLNG #RubberStampRebellion
We’ll have a white board or two that people can write something on to tweet to each agency as well.
JOIN THE REBELLION!
Jane is going to bring her lap top and we’ll be setting up a wi-fi hot spot to have people join the official Rubber Stamp Rebellion.
Short link for phone users – bit.ly/1rGBwOs.
Let’s show up in droves!
Share the Facebook Event: https://www.facebook.com/events/1087831031260825/